Friday, May 17, 2013

The First Step

Here we go again...another blog. Another late night going by, and the only thing I can think of from not going to the freezer again and sneaking some more ice cream is to create a blog? Haha.

Yes.

A blog to talk about several things. In the end, this blog should really be called "The Mutt Diaries" because I want to use this space more than talking about my journey of training for my first marathon, but I want to talk about other aspects of my life that feels like a marathon -- Motherhood, work, house errands, cooking, etc... that sometimes we forget that the most important part missing in a marathon is "me." How do I feel about this? When will I find the time to do this? What can I do to save time here? Do I need to speed down the freeway/highway to get to where I am going?

These are all racing thoughts that we have every day, and by the end of it, you feel like you have ran a marathon. But what I want to do with this space is find a way to calm down those thoughts and channel them into something positive -- informing and advising people through my life experiences. For example, were you racking your brain on what to do for dinner, and you found this great recipe online, only to come find out that the dog won't touch it? Well, I love trying new recipes, and I would love to share them.

I realized that even in writing this post, there were so many different ideas that came to mind and that I wanted to say and wanted to make sure that it was in this 1 post, and then I had to stop. There are plenty of more chances to make a post about something that pops up in my head. The goal of this blog is to show one person that although your life is crazy, you can find "me." I am finding that through running. And running does not have to be your thing, but it is kind of cool, and I hope that you find an appreciation for it throughout the journey.

So do not worry. I will talk about the marathon training. I will try my best to talk about the nutrition, the race, the ups and downs, the successes and improvements, and my mental state. It all starts with the first step.

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog premise, I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete