Tuesday, May 21, 2013

7 Day Challenge - Abs (Day 2)

Day 2 is always the hardest, right?

Oh man...it was a challenge. Here is what I did:


Foot to Foot Crunch – 30 reps
Alternating Curls – 30 reps
Recovery – 30 seconds
Push Through – 30 reps
4 Time Abs – 30 reps
Recovery – 30 seconds
Arm Reaching Crunch – 30 reps
Leg Up Touch Crunch – 30 reps
Recovery – 30 seconds
Cross On Crunch – 30 reps
Double Crunch – 30 reps

Time: 10 min

The rest/recovery was nice for the 2nd and last set, but the for the other two, it did not seem like I needed it, but I know that my abs did. I really suck at abs, so the fact that I'm even doing this is pretty awesome of me.

Here was the rest of my workout:
25 min on treadmill
5 min of stretching

I got a late start this morning. I set the alarm for 5:15am and finally got out of bed at 6:15. My first thought was, "I'm late. I can't go," but I knew I needed to go and that I wouldn't have anytime later today to do this. I really wanted to do 50 min on the treadmill, run through the ab routine twice and 10 min of stretching, but oh well. I was proud that I went to the gym and did it =)

For the treadmill...ugh. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Hate because I get bored with it really quickly, but love since I can train to keep at a particular pace and learn to focus on the music when I am getting tired. Usually when I am on the treadmill, I do interval work to help me keep focus and not get bored with what I am doing. Today, I was working as I was training for a sub 1:30 half marathon. Haha...I would never get to that type of time since that requires a 6:52/mi pace for 13.1 miles, but it doesn't hurt to try, right? So, on the treadmill, I ran my first mile at 8:30/mi, and then after the first mile, I ran 0.5 at half marathon pace (HMP). I was really surprised that I ran a half mile at that pace. I was only anticipating 0.25, so I surprised myself. Then I turned it back down to 8:30/mi until mile 2 and repeated. I only ran to 3 miles due to time, but I thought it was a great start. Maybe doing this speed work will help me get to a faster pace which would be awesome.

Anyway, can't wait to keep this ab party going with tomorrow's workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment