Monday, May 20, 2013

7 Day Challenge - Abs (Day 1)

I looked at the calendar and realized yesterday that I start training for the Long Beach Marathon in a month -----eeeek! I was able to find a 16 week - Marathon for beginners - training schedule. It is a similar training schedule that I used for all 3 half marathons.

But I do not just want to start the marathon training. I love lifting weights and doing drills, reps, and sets, so I was able to find these 7 Day challenges put together by Skinny Ms.

Skinny Ms. is a fabulous website with slow cooker recipes and weekly fitness challenges. The one that I started today is the Abs 7 Day challenge where it takes from top fitness trainers (i.e. Bob Harper) and other videos from online and put together a great workout. They have videos explaining all the moves, so you do not have to feel lost. I have to admit that this is my first 7 Day challenge, but I managed to get through the first one today, and it was a great workout.

Monday workout:
(25) sitted, straight arm body twists w/ feet on ground
(25) sitted, straight arm body twists w/ feet lifted
(25) in and outs
(30 sec) isolation
(25) bicycles
(10 sec) isolation of each leg
(25) crunches
(25) leg lifts
(25) body throughs

Total time: 8 min

For the feet lifted, I put my feet on the wall since it was uncomfortable for me to keep my legs up and still twist. I started to really feel it during the in and outs and then there is a sprinkle of isolation. And with the leg lists, slower IS better. It really works your abs. I'm excited for tomorrow and how I feel then, but I'm glad that I'm excited.

For the rest of my workout this morning, this is what I did:

(25 min) Sitting bicycle machine
(8 min) Ab challenge
(10 min) Free weights - interval circuit - Arms
(10 min) Stretch

Total time: 53 min

Not too crazy today. Just kind of getting back into the swing of things since I took a week off from the half marathon and then being too busy and tired to commit to working out, but now that I have a plan, I can definitely get back on track.


2 comments:

  1. I feel like my abs just cried a little bit reading what you put yours through. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait until you see tomorrow's list. Haha...I'm probably going to die =)

      Delete